Thursday, July 24, 2014

I'm in Denver, COLORADO!!! July 22, 2014

Hey everyone!

Well, I have left the MTC! Those 12 days went by so fast! One of my teachers asked us to write down some of the things we have learned or some changes we have noticed in ourselves since being in the MTC...I have learned and grown so much! Prayer has taken on a whole different meaning in my life, my faith and testimony has increased TREMENDOUSLY, I've learned to listen more effectively, I go to sleep and wake up earlier (haha for anyone who knows me, that's HUGE), I'm happier, I look at people in terms of who they really are (a child of God) and who they can become, I've learned how the Atonement directly applies to my life, and I feel like I've seen a glimpse of the person I want to be and can become through the Atonement--through my Savior, Jesus Christ.

The Atonement is amazing! This scripture in Alma sums up my thoughts and feelings towards it pretty well: "we have been encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work. Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory‍ in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:15-16 :)

So--I'm in COLORADO! Whoo!! :) Getting here was so crazy though...we had to leave the MTC at 4:30 AM. It was SO early and we were all so tired from the week! haha anyways--the sisters in my district and I load our luggage onto this truck, as directed, and then hop on the bus to go to the airport. Well...we get to the airport and OUR LUGGAGE ISN'T THERE--and the bus drivers from the MTC drove away! We were freaking out. Luckily, an employee was able to help us out. He called the MTC  to see where our luggage was. About 2 hours later, we found out it got dropped off by the frontrunner where some other missionaries were going. They said they would bring it to us--but by the time it would take them to get there, our flight would have left. The elders went on to catch the plane, since they had their luggage--but 6 of us sisters were stuck outside waiting...some of the sisters were freaking out and I feel like I normally would have been, but for some reason I felt completely calm. One of the sisters asked me, "How are you not freaking out, Sister Bracey?! You don't have anything in your carry on...we're going to miss our flight, make a horrible impression on our mission president by getting to CO late, etc, etc, etc." I was like, "I don't know...I feel like this is the beginning of a miracle."

And it totally was.

4 hours later--our luggage came...but we missed our flight! Our...we thought we had. As the delta employee was looking for more scheduling options, a surprised look suddenly came upon his face. "Uh...it says your flight hasn't left yet....it got delayed until 9:30." WHAT?! Perfect timing! We now had an hour to get through security and to our gate and everything--we made it with 45 minutes to spare. They had NO reason to delay that flight at all--it created quite the buzz around the employees. "This never happens...all the flights had been on schedule, the weather is completely fine, everyone was there on time...this is so weird!"

When we got the gate, the elders were like "Ah! You're here! We totally said a prayer for yall to make it and right after we said "Amen", they informed us that the flight got delayed. It truly was a miracle! Miracle #1 on Day #1 :) God's hand is truly in our lives! I have no doubt that He is loves us, knows us, and is aware of us and our needs.

So...I made it COLORADO!! And it has been AMAZING so far. It's different that the mountains are on the west rather than the east...but I'll get used to it eventually. :)

PEOPLE:

President and Sister Mendenhall: My mission president and his wife are THE BEST! They are sooo kind and made us feel so welcome when we arrived! One of the first things Sister Mendenhall told us was, "Before I came to Colorado I ran into President Eyring. He asked me where I was going and I told him my husband and I were headed to the Denver Colorado North Mission to be mission presidents. He told me, "the sisters in the Denver Colorado North Mission are amazing. They know their purpose. They know why they're there. They're literally the best. You're going to see some amazing things happen there." Wow--no pressure!

Sister Hall: My MOM/trainer! She is AWESOME! She's from Cache Valley, Utah, plays the piano, and loves sports! We are staying in a member's home who has a piano. Last night we sang hymns and primary songs together--so much fun. She has such a strong testimony and I've already learned a ton from her!


MTC:

While we were at the MTC we were able to go to the temple.  It was amazing walking over with all the missionaries--very powerful!  I literally feel like I'm in the Army of Helaman...which speaking of that, Janice Kapp Perry came to the MTC last week and introduced new words to her song "As Sisters in Zion."   Here they are:

Verse 1:
The sisters in Zion are called to God's labor.
We willingly serve Him with Spirit and might.
We go to the nations with truth everlasting
We teach of the Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Verse 2:
We thank thee oh God for a prophet to guide us.
We trust in His words and our purpose is clear.
The angels of heaven are walking beside us.
We'll share our glad message with all who will hear.

Verse 3:
We go forth enlisted with Helaman's army
In numbers much greater than ever before.
With power and spirit we'll faithfully witness
That heavens have spoken--
All truth is restored.

I LOVE that song!  There is something so powerful with music...I can't describe it, but I just love it and I am so grateful to have music in my life!


I KNOW that Heavenly Father loves all of us so much--more than we can comprehend.  I know that we are literally sons and daughters of the most majestic and powerful being of all time.  He who created the stars knows you and your name.  He loves you even when you feel like you don't deserve it.  You are closer to Heaven than you suppose and you are destined for more than you can possibly imagine.  Never forget that Heavenly Father knows, loves, and cherishes you.  (Romans 8:16)
This past week alone I have seen so many miracles in my life.  I don't believe in coincidences anymore... God's hand is in my life and I see it every day!  I promise that if you look--you'll see Him in your life too!



No comments:

Post a Comment